Sunday, October 19, 2008

Paging the Tooth Fairy...STAT!

Allie ran into the kitchen and yelled 'Mommy, the most amazing thing just happened!'. When I turned to look, she opened up her hand and said 'My tooth fell out!'. It's the bottom front tooth...her first tooth. I clearly remember the day that tooth broke through. I was cleaning some spit-up (a very common occurrence for baby Allie) from her mouth and I saw something white on her gums. I touched it with my hand and could not believe that it was a tooth. I called Neil at work and he didn't believe me. Allie was a very easy teether...she never fussed about it. And now, after almost 5 years, that first tooth is out. She has 2 more loose teeth so we could have a mouth full of spaces very soon. The Tooth Fairy is going to be busy!


Allie has so much space between her lower teeth that it looks like she is missing more than 1 tooth!

Update: Allie placed her tooth in a special box for The Tooth Fairy last night. She woke up to a note and $5.00! I am certain the Tooth Fairy will not be bringing that much for every tooth...but for the first tooth, she deserves it! Allie told me that she is putting the $ in her piggy bank so she can save it for Kindergarten. I tried to explain that K will be free next year, but at the same time, if she wants to save it, good for her! Her money is probably safer in her piggy bank right now anyway!

1 comment:

The Daniel Family said...

WOW I can't believe it!! Congrat's to Miss Allie...and 2 more loose already. Let us know how much inflation has affected the tooth fairy ;-)