I know I have mentioned Ryan's interest in hockey and ice skating. We are lucky to have one of the few ice rinks in the Atlanta area right by our house in East Cobb. Yes, Atlanta has a professional hockey team (Thrashers) but it's hardly a hockey town. This is football-land. Neil grew up on skates and our nephew Michael played hockey through high school. For us, it just seems 'normal' that Ryan would want to get on skates and play hockey!
Ryan had his first ice skating class today. As I was talking to the other parents, everyone was from the northeast...Springfield, MA...Buffalo, NY. Lots of Dunkin' Donuts cups. It felt like home. For his first time on the ice, I think Ryan did well. His instructor, Tina, took him right out on the ice. She showed him how to stand and how to march with small steps. He taught himself how to fall down!
First time on the ice
He's up!
And what goes up, must come down...
Definitely DONE.
After his class, Ryan announced that he never wanted to skate again! We watched the Jr. Thrashers practice for a bit and I explained that those boys started out just like him. Ryan made the connection that if he wants the stick and puck, he needs to learn to skate first. Sounds like we'll be going back for lesson #2 next week!
And I think my next car might be a minivan...if I'm going to be a soccer AND hockey mom. Or maybe I'll just run for VP!
1 comment:
I would never vote for you!!
Ha ha! Those are great. Anden misses her friends!
Anden's little friend's dad plays minor league hockey, maybe they play Atlanta and I can get him to meet Ryan at a game!
Post a Comment