It's been apparent for a while that Allie looks a lot like me. Here is a picture from a birthday party I attended when I was probably 6-7yo (I am all the way on the right). My hair is darker but no doubt she is my kid.
Well, it turns out her 'mini-me'-ness goes beyond our faces. Allie is growing into a mini-nerd. Just like me. Last week we had this conversation:
Allie: Mommy, I can't wait to go to school tomorrow!
Me: Why?
Allie: So I can learn something new!
And this morning she is watching DiscoveryHD (Ant Wars and now Killer Squid). She told me to leave it on this channel 'so she can learn'! Allie loves to read and practice writing. We just updated her room with new furniture, including her own computer. It is amazing for me to see how well she can manuever on the computer. To think I didn't even have an email address until I was a junior in college!
I love Allie's enthusisasm for school and learning. I can only hope it lasts. I loved school all the way through graduate school (yes, I am a huge nerd!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
OMG- That IS Allie!!! Too cute.
Post a Comment