I find myself using this phrase quite a bit...whatever works. I often use it with friends that have new babies. For example, 'my baby will only sleep in my arms while I am jumping up and down on one leg and singing 'Purple Rain' by Prince.' My response 'Whatever works'. Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do.
After lunch, Ryan was pitching a ROYAL fit. I sent him to his room to 'cool off' because time-out and my usual '1-2-3' were not cutting it. He proceeded to scream in his room and I decided to hop in the shower. As I finished up, I noticed a quiet in the house. I peeked into Ryan's room. He is FAST ASLEEP on his bed. This child has not voluntarily napped in his bed in at least 9 months. Oh sure, he'll cat-nap in the car, snooze on the sofa...but never a start-to-finish nap in his bed. I thought those types of naps were extinct. Apparently not.
Whatever works, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment