A few weeks ago, Allie was mumbling to herself in the bathtub and the following conversation occurred:
Mommy: Allie, what are you doing?
Allie: I'm talking to my wee-wee.
M: Only boys have a wee-wee. Girls have a vagina.
A: Ok, I'm talking to my vagina.
M: What is your vagina saying?
A: It says 'I don't want to take a bath!' (and she did this in a squeaky little voice which I guess is what her vagina would sound like...to her.)
Fast forward to tonight. Allie is standing naked in the bathroom next to the bathtub. The water is running.
A: Are we taking a bath tonight?'
(I thought the answer was obvious but I humored her.)
M: Yes.
A: Good. My vagina wants to take a bath.
Some children have an imaginary friend. Of course, not my child!
(Full credit to Nana for the blog title!!)
And one other Allie funny. She was searching for her green, plastic dress-up shoe this afternoon. I told her that there were 800 other shoes in the drawer and she should just pick another shoe. Allie looks at me and says 'But Mommy, 800 shoes aren't enough'. 100% girl, huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Allie cracks me up! How hilarious that her vagina talks in a special voice.
And, 800 shoes is definitely not enough!
That is so funny. The special voice thing cracked me up too.
Post a Comment