Allie has sucked on the ring and pinky fingers on her left hand since she was a baby. As an incentive for her to stop, I posed a challenge: If she could go FIVE days without sucking her fingers, she could go with me to the nail salon (translate to toddler girly heaven) for a manicure/pedicure. I traced her hand (don't you love my MAD tracing SKILLZ??) and we put a sticker on each finger as the days passed.
Yesterday was day 5! She did it and I didn't even need to remind her! We went to the nail salon today and she picked out the colors she talked about all week...blue for her fingers and purple for her toes. She wears it well! I am very proud of her!!
And here's a picture of Batman, well, just because he's Batman.
4 comments:
This is a brilliant idea. I might have to do this with Aspen.
Way to go Allie!! Tell her that when I was in college, my favorite color to paint my toes was purple.
Great idea! Maddie bites her nails, so I may have to try this with her.
YAY Allie and I agree, FABULOUS idea!!!!
Post a Comment