We were in Hilton Head last week with the Berman's (Eric, Liz, Cole and Tess)...thus my lack of blogging. But we are back! We had not been to HH since Memorial Day as we have been fully booked with renters all summer.
What a fun week! We spent a lot of time at the beach and the pool. Tess played in the ocean (and ate sand) and floated in the pool for the first time on our trip. We had one rainy day which was also Cole's 3rd birthday. We went to Island Playground (http://www.island-playground.com/) and we played for about 5 hours. Slides, climbers, bouncers, castle, costumes...there was PLENTY to keep the kids occupied on a rainy day! We also went bowling. It was Cole's first time and he loved it. Allie and Ryan both bowled STRIKES. We may have some professional bowlers on our hands!
The kids played really well together and had lots of fun splashing in the ocean and building 'sand volcanoes' together. Ryan fell asleep in the middle of lunch one day...just sitting up in his chair, mid-grilled cheese. That was definitely a sign that they had a lot of fun! And we met a very nice family on the beach. Allie played with their little girl, Brynn and Ryan had a HUGE crush on her big sister Ellie. She is almost 8yo and so sweet. She built sandcastles and swam in the pool with Ryan. At one point, she came over to me and said 'Ryan just said 'I love you' so I said it back!'. Puppy love!! I guess Ryan has a thing for the older ladies!!!
On our last night, we had dinner in Harbourtown and headed over to listen to Greg Russell. He has been singing under the same tree in Harbourtown for 32 years (http://www.gregrussell.com/). There were people at the show who sang with him as kids and were now bringing their own kids to see him! He performs lots of children's music and calls kids up to sing too. He picked RYAN!! It was adorable and I was laughing so hard that I was crying! I wish I had my video camera. Ryan sang 'Spiderman' (shocker)...which was just the very beginning of the Spiderman theme song. Hopefully Allie will get a chance to sing during our next visit (or I will have one very unhappy toddler on my hands!!).
Allie wanted a hair wrap so we did that at the beach one day. The woman who wrapped her hair had a big box of beads. Ryan is playing with 2 beads and sitting quietly. I then notice that he is trying to pick his nose. I tell him to wait and I'll get him a tissue...then I notice a BLUE BEAD up his nose!! Luckily, Ryan blows his nose like a champ...it came right out. Valuable lesson learned for Ryan: Dont' stick anything up your nose!
There were so many funny moments...I wish I had written them down. 3 toddlers and a baby under 1 roof for 1 week made for some interesting conversations! I've included a slide-show of our wonderful vacation week!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment