Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Greatest Show on Earth (added pictures)

On a whim, we took the kids to the Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey circus this afternoon. Despite spending about 70% of my undergraduate career in BARNUM HALL at Tufts...and dutifully sending my alumni contribution (every little bit helps)...I was disappointed that we did not receive any discount on our circus tickets!

Allie and Ryan were in 'awe' for most of the show. Allie loved the tight-rope walker and Ryan enjoyed the tigers. We managed to avoid spending $$$ on circus toys...but we did buy a $9 lemonade. I thought it would at least be spiked with vodka...but again, I was disappointed.

We saw The Big Apple Circus last year. I would definitely choose that next time over Ringling. It may be 'the greatest show on earth' but the Big Apple Show is smaller, shorter and less overwhelming.

Pre-show (popcorn time)

Which one is Jumbo Jr?

No comments: