Ryan gave up his lovey, Bunny, today. I'm not surprised considering Bunny almost burned down the house this afternoon.
Wait. Let's back up.
When Ryan was born, we received this adorable lovey blanket from our friends, the Bermans.
We started putting 'Bunny' in Ryan's crib when he was about a year old. When we realized that he was becoming attached to Bunny, we bought 3 more. We were able to rotate all the bunnies so Ryan always had a clean one for bedtime. For a long time, Ryan would lay Bunny on his pillow at bedtime via a very specific routine. I compared him to a baseball player's pre-batting ritual. We've been talking a bit about when he might be ready to give up Bunny but he always said 'not yet'.
I don't have ANY pictures of Ryan with Bunny. He was strictly a lovey that stayed in his room. If we travelled, Bunny came along but he was never the kind of lovey that Ryan carried around all day long.
Well, we have been down to 2 Bunnies for about 2 years. Earlier today, Ryan came downstairs and he was very upset. Somehow, Bunny was left on top of his lamp and the lightbulb BURNED a hole in Bunny! I went into Ryan's room and it certainly smelled like something was burning. We are lucky that Ryan found it as I'm pretty sure it would have started a fire!
About 2 hours later, Ryan declared that he didn't need Bunny anymore and he wanted to give his last Bunny to Sean. How Sweet! I guess all it took was an almost-house fire for him to be ready to give him up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment