Thursday, October 18, 2007

Allie's 4 year stats and a bunch of other stuff

We had Allie's 4 year check-up today. Yes, it's a month early...but Ryan's last appt was 2.5 months late. I'm trying to make up for that!

Height: 40.5 inches (73rd percentile)
Weight: 41 lbs (90th percentile)

She passed her hearing test although I am fairly certain that she suffers from the common toddler disorder of 'SELECTIVE HEARING'. She also passed the vision test...20/20 in both eyes. It won't last...Daddy had Lasik and Mommy was squinting as Allie was reading the pictures. I couldn't make them out but Allie could! It was a very thorough visit. Allie had to pee in a cup (which she did successfully)...she said 'look mommy, i made water into the cup'. :)

Allie received her flu vaccination as the FluMist. They squirt it into your nose. She thought that was pretty funny. She also received her 2nd Hepatitis A shot. This caused A LOT of crying and drama. Not even a sticker AND a lollipop could soothe her. When we were in the car, Allie said 'I am going to tell Daddy all about my boo-boo'. This is funny because I said the same thing to MY pediatrician when I was her age! She'll get her other 4 year vaccinations next year. The cut-off for Kindergarten is 9/1 in Georgia, so Allie won't start until September 09.

And another note on Anatomy 101 with Toddlers. I was changing Ryan out of his PJ's this morning. He was standing in front of me with just his shirt on. He reached back, giggled, and said 'I'm touching my bum!'. I wish there was a 'Last Toddler Comic Standing'. I think Ryan would win.

And anyone reading this that lives in Georgia, come to MOMFEST! The Marietta Moms are sponsoring this FUN and FREE event on Saturday, October 20th from 9am-5pm. Door prizes, bouncy castle, talks, classes, vendors...and it's all free! For more info, check out:
http://momfest.mariettamoms.com. Tell your friends!

Happy Birthday to Stacey Tavel and Corey Penn! Both ladies are turning 33 this week! Happy Larry Bird-day!

Lastly, I know that some of you MUST be Red Sox fans...and even if you are not a fan...let's root, root, root for the Red Sox. If they don't win, it's a shame. GO SOX!!!

No comments: