Friday, June 10, 2011

Baby goes to Boston

In the first week of June, I took Sean to MA for a visit. We had tried to go in December but a blizzard cancelled our flight (damn you mother nature).  The trip had 2 purposes: To introduce Sean to some friends and family that had not met him yet and for me to run my 1st half-marathon.

On Sunday June 5th, I ran the Worcester Half-Marathon.  This was the first time I had ever run 13.1 miles and it was actually FUN! My goal time was 2:15 and I finished in 2:04:22! I was very happy with that. My friend Liz was kind enough to stay with Sean while I ran the race. I'm already signed up for another half-marathon in November!

Celebrating at the finish line with my little guy!

We had a great week in MA. Our gracious hosts, the Penn family, were fabulous! It was so nice to see so many friends and to introduce Sean to everyone!

No comments: