Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The first cut is the deepest

It was your average Tuesday afternoon. Ryan was playing basketball out front with Christine. I hear him  coming towards the garage and he is crying. Now, Ryan has a tendency to over-react to injuries so I was prepared for him to have a teeny-tiny scratch or something. I was ill-prepared. His hand was on the side of his head and there was blood EVERYWHERE! Once I assessed that the cut was about as deep as the Grand Canyon, we drove straight to urgent care. The doctor was amazing! He looked at the cut before we finished signing in. They were able to use the topical lidocaine to numb it so no needles. Ryan was not scared of stitches but he did not want any needles (I didn't have the heart to break it to him that they use a needle to put in the stitches...he was too happy to not get a shot!!).  Ryan ended up with 2 inside and 6 outside stitches. He was VERY brave. I was so proud of him.  He has a nice scar now but hopefully it will fade. If not, it will just make him look cool!

All smiles as the lidocaine kicks in
 So brave!
 Scar-brow!

No comments: