Monday, April 6, 2009

Live from Harbourtown...

We are spending our Spring Break week in Hilton Head. We have had a few nice beach days but now we have some cold temps and lots of wind. We braved the elements (yes, we even wore coats!!) to see one of our favorite performers...Greg Russell in Harbourtown. As you may recall, Greg performs children's songs at the old oak tree in Harbortown during the summer. He is performing this week for spring break and next week for Heritage (PGA event). The stage was not very crowded tonight due to the weather so Allie & Ryan were in the front row. As soon as Greg stepped on stage, Ryan yelled 'my sister has a loose tooth'. And here is the conversation that followed:



Greg's sidekick is Mr. Randy, who handles all of the sales of CDs, merchandise, etc. Greg tells the kids that if they need anything during the show, go find Mr. Randy. If you can't find your mom, go find Mr. Randy. If you have to go potty, go find Mr. Randy. After the first song, Mr. Randy tells Greg that he has a little boy who cannot find his mom. I glance up (I literally looked away from the stage for 10 seconds) and it's RYAN. Now, I was sitting maybe 10 feet away. It was not dark yet. It was not crowded. Ryan knew EXACTLY where I was sitting. He just wanted to continue to be part of the show!! Ok, potentially losing my 3.5yo shouldn't be funny...but it is when said 3.5yo is being a little bugger!

Greg picks kids from the audience to sing and over the summer, he picked Ryan. Well, Ryan felt he had not been part of the show enough and Greg picked him again! I apologize for the shaky video. First, it's from my digital camera. Second, it's very windy here tonight. Third, I was laughing so hard that I was in tears. I wonder where my kids get their outgoing, talkative personalities!

And here are a few pictures of the fun we have been having so far on our trip.
Painted arms from Cappy the Clown
Beach BeautyCrazy bird chasing boy
Football!
Tree-huggers

We are having lots of fun and hope the cold weather and wind leaves quickly so we can get back to the beach!

1 comment:

Kara said...

I love your trip pictures. FUN times.