Thursday, November 29, 2007

Lights at Life

Every year, Life University puts up a BEAUTIFUL display of holiday lights (http://www.life.edu/Press_Room/2007_lights_of_life.asp). The displays are amazing and they play holiday music and bells. We started taking Allie and Ryan to see the display last year. This year, we made our first trip of the season right after Thanksgiving. We drove through the displays and then walked around to see the petting zoo (4 random goats) and holiday windows. We toasted marshmallows over an open fire...but Allie wouldn't eat her marshmallows. I think Ryan ended up eating about 10!! Santa was there for pictures as well. Allie told us 'I don't like Santa. I'm not going to sit with him'. Ryan wanted to go...but only if Mommy joined him. We have a cute picture of me and Ryan sitting on Santa's lap. Santa asked Ryan what he wanted for Christmas and Ryan responded, 'SPIDERMAN!'...schocker. We will probably go back through the display at least 2 more times before the holidays are over!

We tried to explain to Allie that she needs to tell Santa what she wants for Christmas or he won't know what gifts to bring her. She goes back and forth between saying that she will or will not sit with him the next time we see him. I guess only time will tell! Good thing there is no Chanukah man that she needs to tell...we just told Nana and Papa!

Sea of trees

Marshmallows roasting on an open fire...

Look, mommy, no hands!

Blurry because it was raining

No comments: